Office Manager in the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in Washington, D.C. (WETO)(An office of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region)
(Salary: US$74,232 or above per annum depending on relevant experience)
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent;
- Minimum three* years’ relevant working experience in office management;
- Fluency in spoken/written English;
- Fluency in spoken/written Chinese is an advantage;
- Work experience in public or governmental organization is an advantage; and
- Eligible to take up employment in the U.S.
*The selected candidate with more than three years of relevant experience may be appointed at a higher salary.
Reporting to the Director of WETO, the Office Manager will be responsible for:
- Office management and general administration duties, including management and maintenance of the office real property, furniture and equipment; procurement of stores and equipment; overseeing filing system and receipt and dispatch system; maintenance and deployment of office vehicle; and supervising the reception counter duties;
- Personnel management duties related to Hong Kong-based staff and locally-engaged (LE) staff, including recruitment of LE staff; administering and personnel policies and the performance appraisal system of LE staff; and assisting Hong Kong-based staff in settling in upon arrival in Washington, D.C. and in moving back to Hong Kong;
- Finance and accounting duties, including preparation of office budget; checking and certifying payment vouchers and claims forms; and overseeing the office imprest system;
- Providing logistical support for visits of VIPs from Hong Kong; and coordinating and supervising supporting arrangements for office activities and functions; and
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Director or Deputy Directors.
Term of Appointment
Two and a half years’ contract term, starting December 2021/January 2022. Upon completion of the contract term, the employee may be eligible for a new contract, based on an assessment of overall performance over the first contract term.
- Medical and dental insurance coverage (insurance premium to be shared by employer and employee on a 85:15 basis)
- Vacation leave;
- Paid sick leave; and
- 10% end-of-contract gratuity, to be paid upon satisfactory completion of the employment contract.
An application form can be downloaded here. The completed application form, with copies of supporting documents, should be submitted by e-mail to the Office Manager at email@example.com. Alternatively, hard copies could be mailed to the Office Manager at Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, 1520 18th Street NW, Washington, DC, 20036.
Applications must reach the abovementioned e-mail address, or WETO by postal mail or by courier, on or before 29 October 2021.
Candidates who are shortlisted to further undergo the selection process will receive an invitation in due course. All applicants, including those who are not residing in Washington, D.C. should make their own arrangements to attend any in-person assessment (including interview), if invited, at their own expense. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the result of their applications. If a candidate is shortlisted for in-person assessment, original copies of certificates and transcripts of education, record of previous employment and written reference letters, must be produced at the in-person assessment.
Any enquiries concerning the recruitment exercise should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This is not a position within the Civil Service establishment of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR). The candidate appointed is not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. He/she will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
- The terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
- It is HKSAR Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. Applicants with disabilities are considered on equal terms with other applicants.